Call for IDEAS/abstracts Are now closed. Thank you for your submissions!
Body Peace is a first-of-its-kind virtual body image and eating disorders conference. This year's theme, Lived Experience Is Evidence Too, will highlight lived experience, not only in survivors but in caregivers and health professionals.
This event will feature training sessions, panel discussions, keynote speakers, live chats and more! The three areas of focus are innovation, representation, and collaboration.
Body Peace 2019 is being hosted on the virtual platform Zoom. Hosting a virtual conference lowers the barriers of time, distance, and financial constraints that often hamper participation. Body Peace 2019 is designed to accommodate the accessibility needs of our audience, and maximize the participation of traditionally marginalized groups.
Over the three days of the conference, Body Peace 2019 will offer three different areas of focus: Innovation, Representation, and Collaboration.
Innovation: Highlighting innovative approaches, fresh ideas and new perspectives in the eating disorders and body image world.
Representation: Highlighting the diverse voices of those with lived experience, caregivers, and clinicians.
Collaboration: Highlighting the ways we can join our voices to break down stigma and promote empowering approaches to healing.
Call for IDEAS/abstracts ArE NOW CLOSED! Thank you
Presenters will be notified if their abstracts have been accepted by June 1, 2019.
Honoraria are not available for presenters. A discounted registration rate for the conference will be available to accepted presenters.
Conference sessions will be offered in a variety of formats:
Panel Discussions: Panels will showcase the views of the varied groups attending the conference: clinicians, researchers, and people with lived experience.
Workshops (90 minutes): A Workshop presentation provides a platform for presenters to share expertise, and for participants to gain new knowledge and/or a new skill. Workshops will be interactive, giving participants a 'hands-on' experience of the subject.
Speakers: Tune-in to hear dynamic speakers from within and outside of the eating disorder community!
Spotlight Session (30 minute presentation): Spotlight sessions will highlight innovations in the eating disorders and body image community from across the country. Open to organizations, individuals or professionals.
Training Sessions (2 hours): Educational modules for various health professionals will be offered, which can be used to claim continuing education credits through their respective professional bodies.
Please use the form below to submit your application! Thank you!
All submissions will be evaluated using the following criteria:
- Relevance to the conference theme
- Clarity and coherence of submission
- Relevance and utility to participants
- Evidence that the submission will encourage interaction with conference participants
- It is encouraged that presenters include a lived experience component or perspective where relevant.
ACCEPTANCE AS A PRESENTER:
- Presenters must register for the conference. Honoraria and travel reimbursement are not available.
- Presenters will be asked to submit an electronic version of their presentation prior to the conference.
- Electronic copies of the presentations will be made available to conference delegates following the conference in pdf format on a online platform.
- Presenters are responsible for providing written material to conference participants
- Presenters will be provided with a designated time to present by the conference committee.