Exploring Weight Stigma and Fat Phobia
Saturday, November 17th, 1-3pm
Join fat activist Katie McCrindle for a 2 hour workshop to discuss weight stigma and fatphobia. What is it? How does it affect fat people and non-fat people alike? How does weight stigma and fatphobia play a role in eating disorders? What can we do about it?
- Isn’t “fat” a bad word?: Unpacking language choice
- Understand weight stigma/fatphobia and how it impacts fat and non-fat people
- Discuss and unpack commonly held myths about fatness
- Understand how weight stigma/fatphobia impacts eating disorders
- Develop and strengthen strategies to interrupt/disrupt weight stigma/fatphobia
Where: 1047 Main St. East, Hamilton, ON
Cost: Free-of charge. Donations welcome.
1047 Main Street East
Hamilton, ON, L8M 1N5
Parking is available on the street directly in front of the building.