In a culture fixated beauty, thinness, and health, it’s no wonder that most of us feel less than. We are taught that we need to look a certain way to be worthy of what we need and desire in life. Our cultures standards bury our self-worth/esteem in a sea of “never enough” while billion dollar industries profit off our self-doubt and loathing.
What if there was another way? What if your body size didn’t define you? What if you were able to experience the love and acceptance you were looking for from within? What if you had the courage to stand your sacred ground, unapologetically? If you have ever wondered, "what might it be like to take the gloves off and stop fighting with my body", this workshop is for you.
In this informative workshop we will be taking a look at:
- What exactly does body acceptance mean?
- The origins of body dissatisfaction/loathing.
- Harmful myths surrounding weight and health.
- How to cope with the negative voice in your head.
- The difference between body acceptance and “giving up”.
- How to begin a body acceptance practice rooted in Body Trust®.
Q and A to follow.
Workshop developed and facilitated by Dana of Reclaiming the Wild.
When? Saturday, Feb23 1:30pm-3:30pm
Where? Body Brave location, 1047 Main Street East
Cost: Free of charge, donations are welcome. We rely on your generosity to keep our doors open.
Limited spaces. Please register ahead of time. Please ensure you are able to attend before registering.